Vegan Chilli Con Carne with Vegan Grated Cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 400g tin of red kidney beans
- 1 400g tin of black beans
- 200g sweetcorn - canned or frozen
- 2x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 10g dark chocolate
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Fresh chilli peppers for decoration and added heat
- Bag of our
Vegan Cheese Original Flavour Grated
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan over low-medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook for 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Mix in the spices and add a splash of water to create a paste.
- Add in the chopped red and yellow pepper and crushed garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add beans, sweetcorn, diced tomato, tomato puree and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off the heat and add in the dark chocolate, lime juice and maple syrup.
- Reseason if required.
- Serve with brown rice, homemade guacamole, homemade tomato salsa, homemade tortilla chips (recipe below) and Mild Vegan Cheddar Flavour Grated.
For the Homemade tortilla chips
- Two tortillas/wraps
- Olive oil or oil spray
- Brush each side of the wraps with olive oil and cut into small triangles.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake in a 190C fan assisted oven for 5-10 minutes or until crispy.