Nachos with Vegan Cheddar Cheese Sauce
FOR THE NACHOS
1 Pack of vegan tortilla chips
Fresh jalapenos peppers, chopped
Red and Yellow Pepper (diced, chopped or random shapes)
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE
5 Violife slices with cheddar flavour
50g coconut butter
200ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon flour
- Melt the coconut butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat, then add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, a bit of paprika and salt then stir continuously until it becomes a creamy, thick paste.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the Violife slices with cheddar flavour and stir until it melts.
- Place tortilla chips in a large bowl.
- Top them with the sauce, a generous sprinkling of fresh coriander and chopped jalapenos peppers.
Tip: You don't have to use jalapenos peppers if you don't have them to hand or you can't find them easily. Just use any good chilli and adjust to your liking...
Serve with your own guacamole.
HOT HOT HOT