Mini Vegan Burgers with Violife Mediterranean Style & Violife Slices With Mature Cheddar Flavour
FOR 8 MINI BURGERS
4 slices Violife with Mature Cheddar Flavour
8 mini burgers buns
3 large potatoes
2 carrots, grated
1 leek, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 small tomatoes, sliced
Fresh basil and thyme, chopped
Salt & pepper
FOR THE AVOCADO SPREAD
1 ripe avocado
50 ml olive oil
Juice from 1 lime
Salt and freshly ground pepper freshly ground pepper
- Wash and clean the potatoes, making sure there is no dirt left on the skin. Cover them with kitchen paper and put them in the microwave for 15-20 minutes on a low power setting, until they become soft and cooked. When they are ready, remove the skin and mash them with a fork in a bowl.
- Grate the carrots, slice the leeks, onion and garlic.
- In a frying pan sauté leek, carrots, onion and garlic with a bit of olive oil until they become soft. Season. Remove pan from the heat, add basil and thyme and blend with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the sautéed veggie mix with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper to the mashed potatoes and hand-mix all ingredients together until it becomes a dough-like mix.
- Form the mixture into 8 mini patties and sauté them in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil.
- Remove the Violife Mediterranean Style blocks from the pack. Place on a smoking hot griddle pan and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan, place on a cutting board and cut each block in quarters.
- For the avocado spread: Cut a ripe avocado in half. Scoop out the flesh and add it to a small blender with olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Start putting together your burgers in the following order:
Bottom burger ban – avocado spread – veggie pattie – Violife slice with mature cheddar flavour or Violife Mediterranean Style slice - tomato slice – salad leaves – top burger ban
Original Recipe: violife foods